Conditions of entry
By submitting an application you are agreeing to these conditions:
- All applications must be received on an official entry form by the stated deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
- By entering an application you are verifying that the information contained within the application is true to the best of your knowledge.
- By entering an application you accept the rules of the Awards and the conditions of entry and agree to disseminate good practice to the sector and this information will be in the public domain.
- 2 Year Rule – Initiatives which won or were highly commended in the previous 2 years will not be considered for this year’s awards unless they can provide evidence of further, a significant improvement since the last application and this improvement is clearly documented in the application form. Other initiatives from the institutions concerned, or ones which were previously submitted but unsuccessful, can be re-submitted, again with the condition that they provide documented evidence of further, significant improvements since the previous submission.
- If a joint partnership or third parties are included please provide details on the roles of all parties and state who is the main driver.
- The Awards organisers reserve the right to refuse entry if the rules have not been met.
- The Awards organisers reserve the right to audit winning applications to ensure that claims made are fully justified.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit under the appropriate category. The Awards organisers will not move entries between categories even if they feel a different category is more appropriate, unless in exceptional circumstances.
- The Awards’ organisers have the right to refuse applicants for a specific category if insufficient entries are received. Applicants will receive 3 working days’ notice to resubmit their application to an alternative category.
- The Awards organisers will aim to provide generic feedback on unsuccessful applicants. However, due to the number of applications and sheer volume, this cannot be guaranteed and specific feedback cannot be provided.
- All finalists are to submit a short 2-minute animation, this can take the form of a video, vlog, infographics or other, as part of their commitment for dissemination to the wider sector. *Finalists of the International categories: Benefitting Society, Student Engagement and Continuous Improvement: Institutional Change are required to complete this element as part of their entry.
- The Awards organiser’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
To make a strong application please provide facts and figures to support your application and meet all the criteria within your chosen category. You should also include the following general criteria:
- Demonstrate the impact of any measures taken and show documented outcomes.
- Provide clear quantitative data to support claims being made.
- If submitting under the Sustainable Campus category, you must include overall tonnes of CO2 saved. Include, where appropriate, metrics such as: carbon savings relative to output/activity. This might be tCO2/student or tCO2/staff member and/or cost of a project relative to the amount of carbon that has been saved, i.e. $/tCO2
- Applications need to go above and beyond standard practice; provide industry norm versus over and above requirements.
- Document mature projects which have been evaluated and monitored longitudinally. Note: for any building projects, the building must be completed and date of completion included within the application.
- Explain clearly how the project includes academic staff and/or professional sector staff/support staff, students and include numbers of those involved. Where students and staff are involved, as well as numbers, including how they were involved and what impact/influence they had.
- Explain any KPI’s that are relevant to your application and any relevant costs/resources, inputs/outputs. For example: Before initiative: 10% of students were engaged. After initiative: 70% of students were engaged.